Monday, October 12, 2020

Star Wars Squadrons

 Well it's come to my attention that the quantity of games to play is almost too daunting, so I'm firing up my backlog machine and looking to knock a few of these out of here, posting here was a nice way to catalog the experience as I look back.  I should come up with a system though...

I recently played through the single player of Star Wars Squadrons.  Even though *%!*$-*%!*$-you can't invalidate canon-*%!*$, I'm a glutton for all things Star Wars - you have me at the idea of flying an X-Wing.   

I have no experience with a flight sim though and quickly found myself overwhelmed with keeping track of the battle in 3 space and not getting lost looping around jousting a single target.  The single player was a revenge story that had you waffling between elite squadrons on both sides, proving yourself mission to mission ...

They kept thanking me for how amazing I was doing for the squad from mission to mission, but I was refueled and healed like 80000 times over the course of the campaign, I spammed "give me a recharge" immediately after getting a recharge more often than I would care to admit, I ran - I was certainly no hero.  I felt a little undeserving.

I couldn't imagine playing online ... I knew the reality, even if the game wouldn't admit it.

Am I rating games?  This one was rated "good" for what I played of it, I didn't attempt online obviously because I was such a hot mess of a pilot.   If you like flight sims and love Star Wars, you just probably got the game of your life, not my thing though until I can take this ship into an open universe ... 



No comments:

Post a Comment