Monday, October 19, 2020

Game of Thrones

Random 25/112 has us playing Game of Thrones, released 2012 by Cyanide Studios.  It's a single player action RPG where you play as a member of the Black Watch.  This might have been made in 2012, but it is graphically older - photographic textures mapped and stretched over clumsy polygons.

It does not follow anything of the book stories, and is instead a precursor to the tales.  It does contain references to some book/series characters, Mormont is Captain of the Watch with Master Aemmon.  I didn't play too far into it to see where else it takes you. 

The combat was pretty clunky for what I did of it, and I likely won't play more - I am intrigued at how GoT'ish the story will be, after all - it does start out with you beheading someone who was apparently your friend.  It didn't work for me, it painted your character as an emotionless ass - and I'm not prepared to suffer the janky old game mechanics and graphics for this kind of edgy.

Plus going by what we know of GoT the series, even if the game is great, there is high chance the very last bit of it will suck so bad you'll end up hating the entire thing.

To be fair - I have played less than an hour total, but I'm not feeling compelled to play more.  I want to get current with my list and there are better titles to spend time with, I'm ready to roll random again!



No comments:

Post a Comment