Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard was random 65/110 and knocks a couple earlier editions off the list.  I confess this one made me skip a night playing, I wasn't feeling up to it.  I don't enjoy scary games, fear of jump scares makes me slow walk them in a crouch typically.

I forced myself to play for a few hours tonight, enough to get a feel for the game at least.   The menace this time is a hillbilly family that has been making their own zombies, referring to something/someone as giving "the gift".  Apparently this gift is immortality and cannibalism, and you definitely have it since your hand cut off with a chainsaw -- then was stapled back on and you can still use it.

Interaction was similar to Remothered, being hunted while I wandered a house looking for keys and such, making it to a place teeming with gangly oil slick type zombies in some narrow corridors.   In typical Resident Evil fashion there is always just a too few bullets, but it also felt like killing zombies was a health bar related thing and not a skilled headshot other than causing more damage as a headshot.

With oil slick zombies - you can't really tell how much you've damaged them either...


No comments:

Post a Comment