Monday, October 12, 2020

Pineview Drive

Pineview Drive was the first truly random choice.  78/156* on the list.  

Pineview Drive is a game where you spend 30 days in a house uravelling a mystery of some sort.  "No one has stayed in the house for 30 days and lived."   I made it 3 ...  

It's a dimly lit house that is trying to scare you, there are some camera tricks and some sort of sanity meter that should affect gameplay, but nothing seriously happened in the repeated times I wandered through the house in the dark.  The game mechanic is to repeatedly search the same rooms every day for a new key to get a little further in the house, find a piece of paper where the narrator can contemplate how much closer he is to solving a riddle that I have no interest in.

Didn't grab my interest, after 2 hours my own sanity meter was spent.  Done with it.  I'm going to leave my game running like Jon Hamm in that one Black Mirror episode.

* There are not actually 156 individual games in the unplayed list, some of those span a few titles - Warhammer 40,000 has 5 versions, You Don't Know Jack has a bunch, etc.  Until I investigate which I want to play in a game bundle I'm going to be leaving them all on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment