Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Lone Survivor - The Director's Cut

Lone Survivor is a pixel-art point and click survival horror game.  There are no jump scares, it's about managing your food, stamina and sanity as you try to make it out of the city while dodging (or destroying) the shambling undead.   

In a sentence - a key finding puzzle game with annoying obstacles (zombies) that has you cutting open a skin flaps with scissors.

The mapping system was tough to figure out, I oftentimes found myself turned around and had to repeatedly check the map for my directions.  Being that I never got off the apartment floor I started on, it should not have been that tough.

There is also the elephant in the room about a pixel art based horror game that needs to be mentioned.  There was a room I walked in that was supposed to be a bathroom covered in blood and gore.  I had no idea what room it even was really except for it saying "examine bathtub" with the feedback "oh the horror of what must have happened here" (paraphrasing).  On a "oh the horror" scale, I'd give this a 2 for the couple hours I played.  


No comments:

Post a Comment