Friday, April 29, 2022

The Forgotten City

The Forgotten City is "Groundhog's Day" and has you travelling in a time loop while trapped in an ancient Roman(ish) city.

The city is under somewhat of a martial law by the gods -- if anyone sins in any way, everyone is killed.  You are able to escape the destruction and play out the following day with the knowledge and items that you got from the previous episode.

This is mainly a dialog based game as you uncover secrets and try to determine who the next primary sinner is going to be.  One for example of gameplay had a hitman find his way into the city, on the first encounter I denied knowing anything and was shot = reset.  The second encounter, I claimed I knew exactly who he was hunting for but directed him to a building I knew was going to collapse - problem solved? No, when discussing that I knew the building was going to collapse, people realized I murdered the hitman = reset.  Finally I was able to figure out a consistent scenario that dealt with the hitman threat.

You weren't locked into one storyline too - so kind of like a garden slowly growing, all of the threads of the various stories were blooming to completion and then to the main path.  Artfully done game for a small development group.

Short and worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment