Thursday, April 7, 2022

Quantum Break

Quantum Break is a heavily story driven game that has some amazing acting in it.  Some games give you the sensation of being the star in a movie, but this one takes it a step further - with live action in between each of the acts.   Did I say live action?  I mean like a 10 minute movie based on your choices, it's both jarring and amazing.

Gameplay is mostly reading computer terminals and notebooks for more story expose (does anybody lock their computers in a video game?) - followed by *retch*rooms full of guards to kill with your sexy time powers.

Really the only time power I used consistently was my dash around that slowed time slightly.  Story was great for something that is timey-wimey I feel like they stuck the landing even without explaining everything.

However.  The last level was just steamy dogshit where you fight a few waves of enemies while your rival throws large AOE insta-death fields at you.  It was frustrating AF -- with no elation payoff with excitement, because it wasn't what I was doing - it was just surviving what he was doing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment