Saturday, April 9, 2022

Batman: The Enemy Within

Batman: The Enemy Within was a Telltale game and the second in their Batman series.  It has you as friend to John Doe (Joker) before he goes full crazy - also stars Bane, Mr. Freeze and Harley Quinn as the baddies along with the ever-shady Amanda Waller.

As a Telltale game, it was mostly clicking a few objects in order to propel the story, with the action bits becoming quicktime events, but it was very well done - similar to Quantum Break except you were part of a comic story-arc rather than a movie.

My choices tended to be sympathetic to John - perhaps because of the Joker movie, when I told him I wouldn't betray him early on, I kept to that rule.  It was at the very end when seeing my decisions ranked with what other people chose that I saw you could have turned him evil by betraying him.   As it was in my game, he was an awkward but skilled sidekick for a bit.






No comments:

Post a Comment