Thursday, December 1, 2022

Breathedge - Survive in Outer Space

I like Breathedge a lot - it has a 4th wall breaking GlaDOS style developer goofball humor, it's a crafting/survival game, it seems to be everything I might want in a survival game in fact ... unlike Raft, the crafting makes sense as a futuristic space game where you're actually replicating stuff and not using a gigantic wooden mallet to build it.

Like only reading the first 5 pages of what might be a great book -- I feel like this game didn't make it to the "gotta finish it" part of catching my interest.  

I gave up for a couple reasons ... Fussily I gave up because moving around in space without resistance was really frustrating.  Like I would have a vehicle parked outside an airlock, and if I didn't catch sight of it or missed it as I floated out, I might gas myself around for a bit just trying to reorient and find it.  Interest-wise I gave up because there wasn't a really good questing system, I saw I had quests - if you caught the voice over when you scanned whatever it was that spawned the quest, you might know a bit about it, but I couldn't figure out a way to track quests and fairly soon my screen became a mess of waypoints in space -- "Lower Radiation 0/6" okay --- but ... give me the waypoint or at least a vector and show me the damn quest log!   



No comments:

Post a Comment