Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Zemblanity

I really shy away from playing scary games, so I waited for the middle of the day to play Zemblanity.  (n.) the inevitable discovery of what we would rather not know; the opposite of serendipity.

I bought it as a recent release because most of the reviews were very positive and encouraging of a new developer, but one "I wasted two of my hours" is what put me over the edge.  I wanted to support the developer and be on the positive encouraging side and check it out.

You are called to a house of a childhood friend with information about your father.  Finding keys while navigating the jump scares of the house is pretty much the game play.  Things get stranger and stranger as you get lost in the property, and the story somewhat resembles AHS where getting stuck in the house is forever.  Your "friend" trapped you in exchange for a promise to get out, but you find his dead corpse ...

Escaping is living, but you go insane and spend your remaining days scratching madman artwork on your walls.  Well done game - great hour spent!



No comments:

Post a Comment