Saturday, May 14, 2022

STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II

Battlefront II was the other game I picked up on the Steam May the 4th sale at 85% off.   It's the most recent Star Wars multiplayer game, but it does have a single player campaign as well.  ... Thankfully.  I am not one for twitchy multiplayer in many instances, but a game that released 5 years ago where people know every secret sniper spot -- no thanks.

Unfortunately that leaves me to rate a game that was probably designed for the multiplayer on it's campaign.

The campaign was actually pretty good though.   In the wake of the destruction of the death star, a couple imperials made the hard choices based on what they were seeing to flip sides.  There is no RPG element to it, effectively just cut scenes and then dropping you into either a FPS shooter role or ship combat.

The shooter combat was "okay", but suffered a bit from the ease of the headshot.  I played on "normal"/soldier difficulty, and since the enemies were so easy to one-shot, they threw a lot of them your way - so in most cases you needed cover, but things were easily handled by having them march like lemmings to your line of site.  AI ... lame.

Ship combat was much better, but it's always hard to get that right -- I think ship combat is designed for some sort of VR helmet.  I want to be able to look to my right and see that I'm at the point I want to turn.  As it stands, I turn like Michael Keaton's Batman, I have to commit to the motion with my whole body.



No comments:

Post a Comment