Thursday, June 17, 2021

Life Is Strange: Episode 1

Life is Strange is a story based game of a teen girl heading to a photography college in her old hometown, where she is re-united with a long lost best friend and develops the power to rewind time.

The interface is simple interactions with objects look/talk and you are unfortunately not able to do things "right" the first time, you have to suffer through failing in order to rewind and do things differently.  Though I felt in doing this I had some choice removed from me.

You also play as a teen wallflower, and that's a hard role for me to inhabit in the video game space -- so when the hot mean-chick was picking on me, I went all bad bitch back in her face which I'm alerted had some effect on the story - but I don't know how to do it differently.  I am a bad bitch.

The story is fraught with gun violence and big brother surveillance morality.  Entertaining probably if played on a phone while waiting to pick up your child from practice, but Episode 1 was around I'm guessing about 90 minutes ... I don't have any enthusiasm to play the other 4, maybe on my phone.



No comments:

Post a Comment