Thursday, June 10, 2021

Beyond Blue

Beyond Blue is an experience more than a game.  You play as a researcher tracking some whales and swim the ocean Pokémon style trying to scan all the things.

It's beautiful and peaceful in the ocean, which I suppose it has to be since there is no real "game" to it.   My prepare-yourself gamer attitude that I have developed over the years made me think a shark was going to attack me at any moment, and I did experience a momentary "oh fuuuuu..." when I pod of Orca were swimming my direction, but really this is a sandbox of pure pleasure for a diver I imagine.

You are kept company on your dive with conversations and an evolving story that is really a vehicle to give you more oceanic factoids.  Subtle and smart.  This was a good one.




No comments:

Post a Comment