Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Beyond: Two Souls

Beyond: Two Souls is an epic story adventure told hopping around seemingly random events in your life.  You are Elliot Page and you have an entity that you can control to do entity type things; make stuff move, spy on people, control simple minded people.

The game is quick time events, but done well - not a simple button prompt, stick motions that involve you in the scene - do them right and your character dances well for example.  

The story is linear in scope at times with boolean-type variations of an event that are presented to you at the end of the chapter how you compared with others.  This kind of mechanic kind of makes me want to choose the road less travelled, but I forced myself to try and behave as I think Jodie would do.  So when presented with a bunch of bully kids - I shoved my paranormal hands in my pockets and walked away instead of unleashing bloody Carrie vengeance.   Apparently only 11% of us kept from murdering our peers ...  




No comments:

Post a Comment