Sunday, November 1, 2020

The Void

The Void might be a better game than I'm giving it credit for, I just can't bear to play it any longer.

An interesting concept, you have died and are in a limbo where the color is slowly draining from you, and are on a quest to gather and maintain a color garden through meeting a series of ladies who are are in control of their connected areas.

The areas are fairly sparse and ... lonely?, as is the atmosphere.  Even though graphically it looks like it should be played on a PS2, the main failing (and reason I wouldn't play further into the story) is the ... slow ... walking ... everywhere.   I'm not sure what the save game mechanics were, but after dying I was sent back to the starting area and the idea of spending another 15 minutes walking back was too much.

Apparently people rave about the story though.  Maybe I should watch a "let's play"...


No comments:

Post a Comment