Monday, November 2, 2020

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl was one of those on my list that has a couple entries (Clear Sky, Shadow of Chernobyl, Call of Pripyat) -- so I had to do a little bit of research what I was even to play. Shadow of Chernobyl is the original, and the follow-ups are Call of Pripyat then Clear Sky, which although standalone should be considered DLC. 

It is a post-apocalyptic parallel world where there was a second disaster at Chernobyl that created dimensional rifts and "things from beyond".

It was in watching these video's that I stumbled across one made just recently entitled "Is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl worth playing today?". I think there are a lot of things going for this game that was made in 2007, but there is a healthy amount of mods you need to install to even make it playable, so with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 releasing soon, I'm going to put this one in the pass-for-now pile and just look forward to it's big brother later next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment