Saturday, November 7, 2020

Phasmophobia

Phasmophobia is an early access game that recently became the new hotness for everyone to play.  I don't typically enjoy scary games, especially ones where you can't turn around and club your pursuer in the head.  So knowing this, and the fact that it's a co-op game, I enlisted a couple friends to come help me through.

I confess it was both great and not so much -- great in that I had safety in the comraderie, dying is more fun amongst friends it seems.  Not so great in that it was hard to embrace the true character of the game and not try to "summon" the ghost to attack us.

This game plays like the middle of an amazing game.  If there was some motivation to the investigation, a body/a desecrated site/a trail of sparkly dust to set you on your path -- that is then paired with what you do at the end of the investigation.  Phasmophobia drops the ball at the end in that your goal is merely to discover the type of creature you are hunting.  I wanted to acknowledge that it was a banshee, but salt the gravesite to banish it or whatever.  Supernatural style.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment