Monday, January 20, 2014

GTA IV - The Lost & Damned

With GTA V's PC release looming so close - I figured it was about time to finally finish up the Lost & Damned DLC!

This is a standalone game, you play as Johnny - leader of a biker gang, and it's got brilliant character acting, worth every cent.  I only wish I played this closer to when I had played the original, the story runs in parallel with Niko's  - and it would have been nice to remember that more clearly since there were obvious reference points that would have made me go "oooohhhhhhh! That's where he ..." I'm sure.

... and I'm reminding how fantastic this game is.  This is a game that makes you feel a slow-mo-walk-from-the-explosion kind of badass.  Nothing like hoping on your custom Harley to go chase after some baddies and having "Run to the Hills" blare on the radio, I was rocking out to perfect fitting disco beats and staying in the car to listen to the last bit of an insane talk radio rant.


I want to play 5 so bad now ...


Steam says I have 16 hours, but I'd guess more about 12 - I got caught in some stupid replay situations that I could have avoided if I prepared a little better.  Getting a SUV, burger, bulletproof vest and about 1000 rounds made every mission easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment