Monday, January 2, 2023

Satisfactory

Satisfactory is an early access game that has you harvesting resources from a planet in order to create bigger, better factories for harvesting and building more gear to build bigger and better factories for harvesting and building more gear to build bigger and better factories for harvesting and building more ...

But dang it's fun to create massive factories with the ease this lets you do it.  At first I tried to keep everything looking clean, but as you advance - the scale of what you started just doesn't meet the requirements for the new factory so what was once beautiful .... becomes spaghetti, in a real bad way.

If I ever replay this, pre-planning for scale would be the key - the factories or foundations do not cost much to build, so building with more space than I ever think I might need and considering a more "modular" approach to the factories for expandability.

I hope they add more to it so I replay it actually .... 

In the end, I had a number of bases set up around a train circuit that delivered most of the resources where my main base assembled the parts I needed to advance the missions.   The various power stations and resource centers were fairly organized -- my base (pictured) was a nightmare tangle of christmas light wires.






No comments:

Post a Comment