Tuesday, January 2, 2024

RoboCop: Rogue City

Robocop: Rogue City feels like an 80s movie that you are participating in.  That's with the good and the bad of it -- you are Robocop, and you clonk around like a tank, but you also stand toe to toe and deliver some massive cannon blasts from your pistol to a seemingly never ending supply of bad guys.

These are bad guys ripped straight from the 80s, punk bikers with spiked hair and simply "anarchy" on their minds and overly high pitched voices discussing said anarchy.

I was enjoying the story, but it did get a bit long in the narration exploring Murphy's psyche, and I found myself skipping or bypassing all of that.  Plus it falls into the video game tropes of "I'm about to walk into a briefing room where I am the one person who can take on a deadly menace, and you want me to first take a greeting card around to the rest of the office and have them sign it for you because you're too busy?" missions.

The story is fairly predictable, and you get a bit of a denouement at the end where you see where all the people you either helped or harmed ended up getting on with their lives.   I helped everyone except the reporter and the psychologist are still suspicious of androids because I just couldn't bother anymore ...

Worth it for sale price.




No comments:

Post a Comment