Thursday, January 4, 2024

First Class Escape: The Train of Thought

First Class Escape: The Train of Thought is a puzzle game built that puts you on a train.  Each car has a puzzle that you must solve in order to unlock the door to the next car.

It was well done, there wasn't anything that left me too lost with what to do -- my only complaint would be that I didn't do the math myself.   There were a few puzzles where (for example) pulling one of 4 levers would move one to four different things by varying amounts, and I just felt my way through all those puzzles instead of writing down and planning X number of lever pulls.  Kind of like doing a Rubik's cube, I can solve it when it's close -- and I do a bunch of random stuff in patterns that sort of reliably get me to that "close enough to solve logically" state, like trying to isolate one correct answer and then get a second answer in place while the one answer is isolated, then using those two to figure out where the third needs to be set so that the other two are right.  

This is the first of three that this company has made so far -- and if this is proof-of-concept, I think I am looking forward to the next two.




No comments:

Post a Comment