Friday, July 11, 2014

Painkiller: Redemption

  
When the most recent Painkiller game released (Hell & Damnation), I bought the full franchise because it was like $2 more ... I have now seen the error in my ways.  There is only so far Doom nostalgia can take you.

The best I can say about Painkiller Redemption is "it's the last one I have to play before the one I wanted to play".  This is another mod-turned-release game, given a new soundtrack but is again just wave after wave of the same enemies you encountered in the previous games.  Though the pitch is that the music is "metal", it's not songs - it's more of a non-stop metal loop.   Dun-dun-dig-de-dig-de-dig .. Dun-dun-dig-de-dig-de-dig .. Dun-dun-dig-de-dig-de-dig .. You'd be better off putting on your own music.

I played on easy mode so I could side-watch the end of Supernatural Season 7, but even with this worthy distraction and playing on easy mode - I won't be playing past the first level.  There is a lot of backtracking and no real intelligence as to why/what spawnpoints were working or where you need to go. 








No comments:

Post a Comment