Monday, May 5, 2014

Painkiller: Resurrection

I've played enough of this one to call myself "done".  This is a fan-made installment, and it plays like it.  But not in that cool, "wow I can't believe they were able to take it there!" way -- moreso in a "hey, I recognize that game asset" way.  I only played the first couple levels - which are repetitive enemies spawning in areas with panel doors that open after you've killed X waves.

Painkiller: Resurrection is the next in the Painkiller line, you start out as a hitman who botches a job getting himself and a busload of innocent people killed.  Once again you become a minion of someone in Purgatory, and your mission is "kill".

I only played the first two levels before giving up on it - I read the Wiki to see if anything amazing developed in the story.  It is your typical "Hunt this demon with the help of another demon, oh wait - doublecrossed - kill them both" storyline, with one possible twist -- there are three endings Bad/Good/Neutral.

The Twilight Zone (bad) ending has our hero returned to life, but at the precise moment he botches the job again.  In the Hollywood (good) ending, you are sent back to the night before the job and "decide to be good".  I'd like to think if I continued - I would get the Tarantino (neutral??) ending, where you are given an epic sword and made champion of Purgatory. \m/

You should skip this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment