Monday, February 10, 2014

The Cat Lady

I'm not sure what originally possessed me to purchase this game.
"You've heard of Doctor X, he's the man with the cure."

I'll be honest, this game takes a good amount of patience to get into, I probably would have never played past the first introductory chapter if it weren't for this backlog exercise - but now that I have I can say it was worth the investment.  Like a good book, after about 100 pages of playing it - I couldn't put it down. 



There are no overly complex puzzles to figure out, it's all simple "Monty Python" animation, mostly exploration and collecting as a vehicle to tell the messed up story of Susan Ashworth, an older single lady - labeled "The Cat Lady" and ostracized by society.  She decides she's had enough and offs herself, only to meet the Queen of Maggots who says that she's got plans for her and sends her back to life.

"Hey there pretty lady..."  (creeeeeeeeeper)
Chapter 2 you begin in a psychiatric ward under observation, trying to convince people that you're well enough to return home.  Here's where everything starts getting messed up.

Susan has the power of her cats, in that she can return to life completely cured of any affliction.  She meets some extremely evil people.

There are hints of American Horror Story season 2, but I'd say this has more in common with Dexter.  I don't want to give too many spoilers, but this is a morbid ride not suitable for children.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment