Thursday, December 31, 2020

Return of the Obra Dinn

Return of the Obra Dinn was a refreshing new stylized (1-bit monochromatic) game unlike any I have played before.

You are an investigator looking over a ship and using the clues from moment-in-time scenes to deduce the names and fates of the 60 passengers on a ship in the early 1900's.  The sequence of events jumps around in chapters and each section gives you their staged scenes in reverse, so it takes at least a couple watches to get the gist of the story.

It was a big wonderfully fantastic logic puzzle with murderous sea creatures and mutinous crewmen.  My only complaint was the difficulty I had in navigating to replay certain scenes to try and gleen further clues, which actually had me give up on figuring out everything - but the story was interesting enough that I read along with the solutions to try and understand it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment