Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Cyberpunk 2077

I suppose I am done with Cyberpunk 2077 ... 

I didn't suffer the pains older console users faced, this game looked beautiful initially.  The opening sequences were great, they painted a wonderfully dystopian and oppressive society -- so what went wrong?

It was a death of 1000 cuts.  This was not a triple-A title, recent games have set the bar way too high for that.  Honestly, not an A at all really - almost every aspect of the game lacked some necessary refinement, whether it was stupid AI, geometry glitches or weird standing motorcycle rides with our bare asses hanging out in a t-pose.  

The game had potential.  There were missions that were fun, but all in all I felt it needed to be put down and me out of my misery so I powered through the main story-line not really investing too much consideration into the main storyline choices.  In the end [spoiler btw] I ended up giving my body over to Johnny because I just .. didn't ... care.  Then I was forced to play one final 15 minute mission where a neighbor kid drives me to the bus stop while I brood.  Weeeak.   So weak.  I want to go and watch the other ending choices now just to see if they are this lame and tedious.


No comments:

Post a Comment