Saturday, August 16, 2014

Painkiller: Hell & Damnation

At last I reach the end of my Painkiller journey.  The first in the series brought back some Doom style nostalgia, as did the second .. the third, fourth, fifth - and now the culmination of the series.  

Kudos to the marketing division that masked this turd.  I ended up buying and suffering practically the entire series in anticipation of seeing what they came up with in H&D -- which boils down to a new weapon effect of making mobs your minion fighters.

Invisible barriers abound, absurd monster spawnpoints, recycled weapons - but perhaps the biggest insult is that after playing through each of these games, I make it to the first boss and realize that it's the same boss you fight in the first game.  Yes, this is a remake with a new title and a (intentionally?) misleading description.

This license has been milked to the point they're just squeezing udder flesh.  Buying this game is like buying something from a spam marketing campaign, like I've justified some idiot marketing imp who is at this moment in eager anticipation of shoveling out the next game.  I feel dirty and manipulated.







No comments:

Post a Comment