Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Lies of P

This game has been on my TBP list for such a long time - I was happy when it finally came up in the random pick.  It's definitely souls like - so much so they maybe should pay a licensing fee.

But that's good - I like souls like, and they learned a lot - level design wasn't tedious, there were logical loop backs, quick boss runbacks.  It did suffer a bit from that "old decayed sewers" look at times but overall it was an amazing game.

There is a problem with tuning on a souls-like I think - a boss has to be a brick wall but only for an amount of time, there should be a way to learn and be better.   This game gave me the most frustrating fight that I easily spent an hour on, only to find out it was a multiphase boss battle -- and it's one of the few instances I'm ashamed to say where I've turned down the difficulty.

At that point I didn't care about doing it better - I wanted it gone.




No comments:

Post a Comment