Monday, December 13, 2021

The Yawhg

The Yawhg is a really short "choose your own adventure" type game where you have 6 weeks before the Yawhg comes and destroys your town.   You play multiple adventurers making simple choices throughout the day "You find a ring on the ground do you .. A. Put it on   B. Sell it" but there isn't necessarily a rhyme or reason as to what things necessitate success or failure, it's something you learn through trial and error over time.

My first playthrough I ran all over the place just getting a sample, when the Yawhg came and crushed the town I wasn't able to assist in rebuilding it and eventually got driven underground because my skin developed some scales and I was shunned by society.

My second playthrough (they take all of 5 minutes) I focused primarily on a couple places that gave a decent stat upgrade consistently with a random follow-up decision that didn't devastate their stats.  When it came time to repair the damage after the Yawhg visit - I sent them towards their proper positions.  The person I had doing landscaping repeatedly became a successful builder, the person I had cleaning the alchemy lab became a renowned wizard.

Win!  Simple game concept, but not a lot of reason to keep playing.



No comments:

Post a Comment