Sunday, November 28, 2021

Pixel Piracy

Pixel Piracy is a simple game, reminiscent of early 90's games - amassing a crew to plunder the digital seas.   But beneath it all .. it's really a game about controlling your shitting pirates.

The pirates just crap onboard, and you have to learn the skill to toss it overboard.  I didn't grab the skill initially because, how bad could it really get?   Well.  My floating tub of shit was really hurting the morale of my crew (despite they being the *cause*)  - so I rushed to train my captain in the skill, which became somewhat his humiliating full time job until I could train the rest of the crew in the proper way to feed the fish as it were.

I was able to min-max the game, my greater numbers would swarm the islands/ships -- and even though it cost a pretty pennydubloon to keep their morale up, we were overloaded with gold and supplies - we could buy everything a tavern could sell us.   So I decided to go after bigger prey, but hired every mercenary in the tavern to come with me - doubling my crew size to about 40, ridiculously crowded on the boat.

But ... the amount of shit the new pirates created was impossible for my main crew to keep up with.  Morale dropped to almost nothing with the filth and while attacking perhaps the second rival ship after leaving port, mutiny on my galleon, a massive free-for-all that left only 8 of my original crew alive amidst the corpses of their crew, and so .. much ... shit.

I had to quit there...  I know how I'd play it better next time.  Decent retro.  :tup:!




No comments:

Post a Comment