Thursday, April 17, 2014

XBOX One

I was given an XBOX One for attending a developers conference recently and jumped at the opportunity.

This was before doing the math, now I realize that being given an XBOX One is like being given a Skylanders toy, it's only the beginning of the investment... I got past the first obstacle, but now I'm in for a penny, in for a pound.

After turning it on and having it discover my wireless, it proceeded to molest my internet - first downloading a 650 MB (!!! someone forgot something big) patch, then the 36 GB (!!!!) racing game that came with it.    Forza Five.  ..  yep, like an Italian MaĆ®tre d trying to count your dinner party size.

I'll give it a true review after I've put in my hours, but initially - it's pretty.  But it's .. racing.  Super detailed ... but racing.  Very accurate cars (probably?) ... but racing.  There are probably some really really cool features to it, but - it's plain old racing.  I've played very fun racing games in the past, at times I enjoy blasting through towns at breakneck speed, most often being chased by police in Need For Speed, or exploring the world in Test Drive Unlimited 2.  This is racing circuits, only.  Racing, only.

I need a second controller and a game now (no backwards compatibility?  Seriously?).  Cha-ching says M$.

No comments:

Post a Comment